Debian Perl Sprint 2015Mon 13 July 2015 by Alex Muntada with tags perl sprint barcelona
The Debian Perl team had its first sprint in May and it was a success: 7 members met in Barcelona the weekend from May 22nd to May 24th to kick off the development around perl for Stretch and to work on QA tasks across the more than 3000 packages that the team maintains.
Even though the participants enjoyed the beautiful weather and the food very much, a good amount of work was also done:
- 53 bugs were filed or worked on, 31 uploads were accepted.
- The current practice of patch management (
quilt) was discussed and possible alternatives were shown (
- Improvements were made in the Debian Perl Tools (
dpt) and discussed how to get track of upstream git history and tags.
- Team's policies, documentation and recurring tasks were reviewed and updated.
- Perl 5.22 release was prepared and
src:perlplans for Stretch were discussed.
autopkgtestwhitelists were reviewed, new packages added, and IRC notificacions by KGB were discussed.
- Outstanding migrations were reviewed.
- Reproducibility issues with
The full report was posted to the relevant Debian mailing lists.
The participants would like to thank the Computer Architecture Department of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya for hosting us, and all donors to the Debian project who helped to cover a large part of our expenses.
Page 1 / 1