Debian welcomes its 2013 crop of GSoC students!Mon 27 May 2013 by Nicolas Dandrimont with tags announce gsoc
We are proud to announce that 16 students have been accepted to work on improving Debian this summer through the Google Summer of Code! This is great news, following our 15 accepted students in 2012, and 9 accepted students in 2011.
Here is the list of accepted students and projects:
- Aarsh Shah: Improvements to Debian Search and the Search Interface
- Aron Xu: ZFS on Linux integration
- Boris Bobrov: Debian Metrics Portal
- Catalin Usurelu: Enabling free multimedia real-time communications (RTC) with Debian
- Eleanor Chen: MIPS N32/N64 ABI Port
- Emmanouil Kiagias: Redesign metapackage creation for Debian Blends
- Eugenio Cano-Manuel: Leiningen & Clojure packaging
- Fabian Grünbichler: Add CROTP support to oath-toolkit and dynalogin
- Gustavo Alkmim: Bootstrappable Debian
- Justus Winter: Debian GNU/Hurd Debianish initialization
- Lei Wang: OpenRC init system in Debian
- Léo Cavaillé: scan-build on the Debian archive
- Marko Lalic: PTS rewrite in Django
- Pawel Sarbinowski: Debian Android Application
- Shuxiong Ye: OpenJDK and Debian
- Simon Chopin: Implementation of message passing in the Debian infrastructure
If you're interested in one of the projects, please follow the links and talk directly to the students or the mentors, or come hang out with us on IRC.
Welcome everyone, and let's make sure we all have an amazing summer!